Friday, March 2, 2012

2012 Lenten Journey

Lent has not been what I thought it would be..I was hoping it would be very holy & very sacred, but I was wrong..Getting the kids to do anything has been a hassle..And we are always doing things at the last minute..And then it's over..

Maybe that's why I feel so drained & dry spiritually..I can imagine how Jesus felt when he was wondering the desert for 40 days..Is this what he intended us to go through? As I make my way through this barren desert, I find myself alone..Yes, I have my family but I still feel alone..I can't see my way through the dust storm of life..I keep wondering if it's the season, or just me missing Spring..

Things don't see exciting anymore..Facebook, Twitter, etc..Now I understand why some people take a fast from them..I see all these people doing things for Lent that I would love to be doing..Stations of the cross, fish frys, volunteering as a way of not giving something up..You know what I gave up for Lent? Pop (or soda)..Very exciting huh? That's what I gave up last year!! I go through this Lenten journey wondering if there is more I can do? I know there is..I just can't get enough energy to do it..I am just stuck in this desert, never ending..

Temptations seem to be another thing..I am tempted to just give up..I guess that's what the evil one wants..tempted to just forget about Lent & everything associated with it..Is this what Jesus encountered in the desert?

Other than that we've been celebrating birthdays, and adjusting to Bob's daily work schedule..He's still on days now..Jen is volunteering at church..Trev & Ari are still homeschooling, but as I mentioned before I may put them in cyberschool..

Oh Spring..Where art thou!! I need you desperately to get out of this funk..There's only 18 more days..I hope these days go by fast..

No comments: